This is simply a post to say thank you to all the Cohn Zohners who commented on my Michael Vick post. Vick represents an emotional topic and clearly most people who responded disagree with me. But everyone was polite and tried his/her best to present a clear forthright and well-thought-out argument. So, I appreciate all the feedback and I’m proud of everyone who participated. Lowell

Comments

1. wolff1

The bottom line is, Vick did what he did. It was bad, based on that he doesn’t deserve a second chance. But based on life opportunity he deserves, and from now on, what he does with this opportunity in life and in the NFL it’s his own deed.

If he succeeds fine, if he doesn’t than life goes on.

We’ll be watching.

November 17th, 2010 9:09 pm

2. wolff1

Lowell, the most dangerous thing now is for Sing to not meddle so much into Troy Smith and makes him conservative or whatever, change his style of play. If he does it, that will be detrimental. As a matter of fact I think Sing is detrimental from now on to the team. Probably without a coach and team left to the coordinators to do what they do, we’ll be better. Maybe we’ll be the first team in the history of the NFL to succeed without a coach.

November 17th, 2010 9:13 pm

3. Max

Ha, ha! Lowell, you are a genius!

November 18th, 2010 12:37 am

4. Bake

Mr. Vick hasn’t paid his debt to society, he paid the debt of one of his crimes to the law, that of dog fighting. Mr. Vick still owes society for his dog execution pool parties, and it looks like he has no intention of addressing said debt. Mr. Vick acts like this debt just floated away when the NFL took him back under their protective wing.

November 18th, 2010 7:24 am

5. Blind Tom

Somewhere in the NFL there’s a defensive lineman or linebacker who still misses his pooch “Buster” who go shot by someone in the hood. Said person is just waiting for the opportunity to end Vick’s career. You can bank that will happen…

November 18th, 2010 11:21 am

6. Amir Talai

Blind Tom sounds kinda racist.

November 18th, 2010 2:18 pm

7. B-Rad

Mr. Cohn:
    Who among us with daughters wouldn’t want them dating someone just like Vick?

November 18th, 2010 4:01 pm

8. B-Rad

B-Rad:
    Me. I think I’d throw up until I was dead.

November 18th, 2010 4:07 pm

9. Blind Tom

Not racist, just love dogs. You think there aren’t black players who hate Vick and what he did???

Racist, what a fool(ish) comment…

November 18th, 2010 6:13 pm

10. Jeff

Hey Lowell, I’m disgusted by what Vick did also, especially after my dog was put to sleep recently. Part of me feels guilty for enjoying watching him play. Rick Reilly’s newest column focuses on Vick. I don’t know if it’s all an act to try to get a big contract, but I have to keep faith that people can change. I realize I’ve made mistakes in my life, nothing close to Vick’s mistakes, but I learned and changed – maybe he did too.

November 20th, 2010 7:54 pm