Tim Kawakami of the Merc wrote an interesting and amusing blog on Alex Smith’s incredible longevity with the Niners. I mean you can’t get rid of this guy — Smith, I mean, not Kawakami. If nothing else Alex Smith has staying power and frankly he does not have much else. The Niners should have cut ties with him long ago, and he should have cut ties with the Niners. To read Tim’s blog click here.

Comments

1. Johnny Christo

Lowell you are going to take a wash on Alex after this year. You have gone from the fool to the fop.

May 2nd, 2011 9:28 am

I can tell you about 70 million reasons that alex smith is still here…this is the only team in football that will give him starters money and get him up to the $70,000,000 career range…
    It’s also why Andres Biedrens is still here…manly free throws and all

May 2nd, 2011 9:38 am

You see the good word I put in for you Lowell?. Oh yeah, I use my influence for good.
    Cracks me up Radnich puts his mind on neutral when your a guest..because,before or after your call..he pretty much says the total opposite of your views including the “Who else but Smith” parrots like to say. Vince Young for one..but he doesn’t merit the “gold star” of choir boy the 49ers now favor. Alex does…hee.

May 2nd, 2011 11:16 am

that paragraph where Kawakami says if Farve, Montana or Brady were in Alex’s shoes is laughable……..you cant compare those guys with Alex, and if those guys had had a beginning to their careers like Smith has had, they wouldn’t of had the clout to demand anything…….just not a fan of Tims reporting……the 49ers are in a very similar situation tto the Warriors last year where their hands are tied for one season and are stuck with using some of the previous regimes players and front office…….so people need to be patient regarding the QB situation…..if Smith is the starter, I’m sure Harabaugh will devise plays that are low risk for mistakes, and take a losing seson as a result…….Bill Walsh did, and 4 NFL titles followed….

May 2nd, 2011 11:57 am

5. Bob In Pacifica

Hmmm.

I asked again who Lowell wants to sign or trade for to be the Niner quarterbacks and this time all he does is link to TK.

Please, you seem to know better than Harbaugh. So tell us, Lowell, who do you want to be the Niners’ starter and backup, you know, if there’s actually a season?

May 2nd, 2011 1:54 pm

I already wrote Matt Hasselbeck is a free agent and they should talk to him at the proper time.

May 2nd, 2011 2:01 pm