CSNBayArea just posted Grant’s latest contribution. This time he wrote about Raiders quarterback Carson Palmer — he wrote about Palmer after watching him work last night on television. We watched together and we were both impressed. So, this morning, Grant wrote a piece asking where Palmer ranks among current NFL quarterbacks — admittedly based on a limited sample. To read Grant’s piece and to get in your two cents, please click here.

Comments

Grant must not have much to write about. Palmer had one great game and one terrible game. I will need to see Plamers body of work over the rest of the season. If he continues to play like he did last night I wold rank him second best. If he plays like he did on Sunday he would be somehwere on the bottom. For me the jury is still out, way out.

November 11th, 2011 4:58 pm

2. Loneraider78

What? Huh?

Better than Eli?

Eli has 15 TD and only 6 INT, and most importantly a SB win vs Tom Brady.

Better than Stafford?

Stafford has 19 TD and only 4 INT.

Better than Vick?

OK I’ll give him that. I’ve never been a huge fan of Vick’s game, although he’s exciting and fast, he’ll never lead a team to a SB win.

Better than Ben?

Ben has two rings. And. Just. Wins. Sure it’s not always pretty and he’s had the benefit of a top five defense his whole career, but he’s just a pure football player.

Better than Alex Smith?

Well, yeah. People are acting like Alex is a different player now, and maybe he is, but it’s that defense and Frank Gore’s heart that will carry that team. Smith is Dilfer 2.0. Servicable, but benefitting from elite defensive play, and the best playcalling he’s ever had.

I was thrilled with what I saw lastnight, but I need to see a heck of a lot more before I say he’s better than the guys with the rings.

November 11th, 2011 7:38 pm

3. Ousted from the Zone

One of my best buddies is a die hard bengals fan. Unfortunately due to this fact, I’ve witnessed my fair share of Carson Palmer. Obviously making Palmer one of the elites this year is simply ridiculous. Palmer had ONE good game and still turned the ball over twice. This has been Palmer’s problem ever since his knee injury. The man blew numerous 4th quarter leads throughout the past years. He holds on to the ball too long, while patting the ball, then boom, it’s a PICK. Do the math. Look at the stats. The man has blown more games than he has won. Granted, the Bungals don’t have TO and Ocho anymore(2 other problems) but look what they have accomplished without Carson. He’s not a leader. I think you’re way off here.

November 12th, 2011 8:21 am

4. Dave T

Palmer falls where he always has. Very very solid talent, who will at times look brilliant and other times make huge mistakes. I don’t think he would have won any Rings had he been with the Steelers, as Roethlisberger is a unique talent. I don’t think he would have won with the Patriots as Brady was simply brilliant in winning the three that he did. Same for Peyton Manning, and for that matter Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers. Palmer is and always will be an above average talent, who will win you some games, lose you some others, and keep you in the mix and occasionaly at the top of the heap. As a Steeler fan I have seen him play for many many years and this seems to be where he is.

November 12th, 2011 10:27 am

5. Brady

given that he was a middle of the pack QB for the last two years, and a horrible QB for the last two games, that’s quite a statement to make based on 1 game.

November 12th, 2011 2:30 pm

6. Josh

@Loneraider78: Alex Smith also has 19 touchdowns to 4 interceptions this year.
    Also, I disagree with Grants assessment that if Palmer were on the 49ers they’d have the best team in the NFL. If Harbaugh wanted Palmer, he’d have him. Harbaugh wanted Smith.

November 15th, 2011 9:02 am