I wrote my Monday column about the Oakland Raiders and I advised them what to do in the upcoming draft, despite the fact they don’t actually get a pick until No. 95. I do not see the Raiders drafting late as a problem, by the way. In fact, that is the gist of my column — the Raiders can accomplish some of what they need to accomplish in this draft; and they obviously need to accomplish a lot. To read my column, please click here.

Comments

1. Bill Callahan

Or they could draft the player with the highest Wonderlic
    score left on the board with each pick.
    In three or four years, they probably wouldn’t be
    the dumbest team in the NFL any longer.

April 22nd, 2012 9:45 pm

2. Streetglide

Who are the “Raiders???”

April 23rd, 2012 8:04 am

3. Vijay

Finally some Raiders coverage. Pretty good column and I do agree with what RM needs to focus on.

April 23rd, 2012 10:00 am

4. Capts

Reggie McKenzie prides himself on finding hidden gem-type players, hopefully he can live up to that with this draft. I feel like the Raiders are headed in a positive direction. Lowell, did you read Mote Poole’s interview with Mark Davis? It was very good.

April 23rd, 2012 11:33 am

I hope at pick no. 95 we get somebody breathing.

April 23rd, 2012 12:31 pm

Interesting take. The Raiders will be harvesting the hogs in the trenches while the early picks will skim the glamor positions at the top . It will be fun to watch this unravel on draft day, and I am sure that we can expect an anyalysis of how well you think teams did when it;s over.

April 24th, 2012 3:51 am

This new Raider team is going to be far more interesting to follow than Harbaugh’s sophomore season.

Your boy needs some competition Lowell…lets hire Capts to do the Raider Nation Blog at the PD.

Who are these guys?

What kind of football will they play?

Will Al’s players buy in or will it require a general housecleaning on the roster too?

And Capts…at your direction I read Monte’s interview…I’ve been looking under my pillow for that money from the tooth fairy ever since…I believe!

You gotta hand it to Mark…proposing a stadium on an old military tract with a residential neighborhood on one side and Santa Rita Jail on the other side is very Raider like…of course I thought the Irwindale gravel pit was a great idea so what do I know?

April 24th, 2012 2:35 pm

I thionk you’re a bit out ot lunch on this one Lowell…….If the Raiders get anybody of worth in this draft it’ll be total luck when you start at #95……….the Raiders and Al had brilliant drafts the last few years with Heyward Bey, Jacoby Ford and Danarius Moore….so Reggie has his work cut out for him and some HUGE shoes to fill to have a comparable draft to Al Davis’s………and Lowell, why dont you leave Al alone already…….jeez….the man is dead and buried…….and right next to John Lee Hooker in Oakland…..how cool is that?

April 24th, 2012 9:12 pm