As you know, Pablo Sandoval has a lot of problems, mostly legal. But his position on the Giants isn’t so hot either, based on excessive weight around the tummy area. I had blogged earlier in the season that he seems to have gained back the weight he lost, or most of it. I wondered if the Giants noticed. Apparently, they have — they should have. Andrew Baggarly of ComcastSportsNet.com wrote this piece about Sandoval and chubbytude. To read Andy’s piece, please click here.

Comments

1. Jack Hammer

Yes, Pablo Sandoval is fat.

On another note the Giants need to send the Cubs a than you card before they end this series. First Soriano inexplicably throws to second allowing a run to score, and now today Castro gives them another by not being able to remember how many outs there are.

June 4th, 2012 2:42 pm

2. Capts

He definitely suffers from a lack of impulse control. It blows my mind that an athlete can be paid millions and not be able to stay in shape.

June 4th, 2012 3:53 pm

3. I Like Eat Crayons

I think what we should be most worried about is that Panda’s been making some bad non-baseball decisions. I mean, what the heck is the guy doing in Santa Cruz the night before his rehab stint? And why on earth hasn’t he been keeping up with his cardio during his time on the DL???. Everyone can see he’s put some weight on. He’s hitting .300 with it, but he might end up eating his way out of the league. He’s the kind of guy who might need a babysitter for the rest of his contract.

June 4th, 2012 4:47 pm

4. glenellen

From footage in SJ: considerably fatter. I am liking Arias there until Pablo gets in better condition and offense & defense. I also like Theriot at 2nd. Leave it alone and force Panda back on the diet.

June 4th, 2012 4:53 pm

Baseball has always been good to them fat boys. Ruth-Killebrew,Frank Howard-Prince Fielder…Pablo. With Pablo,his position isn’t as kind..its like watching Chris Farley hitch up his pants at third.
    I don’t think any of his injuries had anything to do with fatness on the other hand. The Giants are fighting a losing battle..the better Pablo does with the bat the least likely he will take dieting seriously. Losing weight means turning down comfort foods. And as a young millionaire star like Pablo thinks “Pablo wants,Pablo gets”..maybe too much of that in his life right now..

June 4th, 2012 4:58 pm

Is the Pope Catholic?
    *ALOHA*

June 4th, 2012 4:58 pm

cant blame Pablo for hangin out in Santa Cruz. I went to college there and its a fun place to party……..hes definitley fat…..fat guys can play a long time at first base and since the Giants have hole there they should either move him to first or dump the guy. At first base Pablo could balloon to over 300 pounds and nobody would care……and the Giants could have huge Pablo Panda balloons like you see at New Years Day parades, floating outside the stadium……lol.

June 4th, 2012 8:10 pm

8. EatMyCumulous

Oink?

June 4th, 2012 8:20 pm

I like Chris’ idea.
    *ALOHA*

June 5th, 2012 1:55 pm

What is he 25?

If he can’t keep it off now forgedaboutit!

He’ll be a DH in Anaheim in no time at all…

Morena will just love the guy…

June 5th, 2012 4:08 pm

I must think differently..because I don’t see why Sabean and fans are all over Pablo. He’s hitting 316!. And at 25 and single,rich and famous… looking for chicks is wrong?..Its a crazy world.
    If being fat was good enough for the Bambino…whats the big deal for Pablo?.
    At 50,Pablo better lose weight…but now?..eh, .316 I tell you!

June 6th, 2012 11:54 am