The latest clown to be suspended for testosterone is the A’s Bartolo Colon. His was another feel-good story until we learned it and he were frauds. At this rate, the A’s and Giants may run out of players to drug suspensions. Hey, do you think performance-enhancing drugs are rampant in baseball? Not a chance.

Comments

I just read an article about worst contracts ever..and it came to me Lowell..Rowand in his contract year drive and hitting 307.? Once the Giants bit, he of course stopped taking. No reason to risk that contract. You only have to figure that a Bartolo,who really needs a good year to even stay in the league would cheat as an older player…or younger players who are going for the super contract..like Melky,Rowand…and I say a Zito or Smith..who then stop taking. Its gets clearer by the moment why and who cheats.
    At least with Smith.. the NFL testing is ridiculously easy to beat,and that degree in 3 years brain of his knows how…But Baseball must be a bit harder. WHO in their right mind doesn’t know those huge NFL players don’t cheat far more then MLB players?

August 22nd, 2012 10:57 am

There was a pitcher for Oakland too who had great success in a contract year drive..then when he signed the huge contract,never had a single good year for the Giants. Know of him?

August 22nd, 2012 11:14 am

3. Lameduck

Agreed, there are no PED’s in baseball :) – or professional or amateur sports…

That’s why I want the players to vote on penalties. If the result is a non meaningful penalty, we’d have more confirmation about how rampant they are. They are adults and need to take responsibility for their actions.

I did a search on purchase testosterone and it seems to be quite easy: http://www.steroidpad.com/buy-testosterone/ . There are numerous opportunities.

It’s just too easy to acquire.

August 22nd, 2012 12:12 pm

4. Steve

Stan makes some really good points about contract year players. I’m white and not a race conspiracist, but of the five players caught this year, four are Latino and the other is black. Ryan Braun, Caucasian, gets off on a technicality that was so absurd that the arbitrator was fired by MLB, but only after his decision further marred the game. More frequent testing, no loopholes, utilizing the more expensive test that detects testosterone and some other PEDs for two weeks instead of 24 hours and much stiffer penalties are what is needed to not only catch the cheaters but reassure the fans that baseball is taking this stuff seriously. As of now, I’m not convinced that they are.

August 22nd, 2012 1:23 pm

And I never did read ANY explanation who tipped Braun what happened to his specimen over the next few days.. Nobody has said how he came into the info.
    But,Selig is a life long Brewer fan-and a lawyer I guess,. That’s who.

August 22nd, 2012 3:58 pm

6. lameduck

The good guys are winning and I’m feeling good. So I’m going conspiracy theory and saying that Juice man turned Colon in so he can win the batting title and not have any repurcussions from the phoney web site ala Levi.

August 22nd, 2012 8:12 pm