I am in the press box at Metlife Stadium, a big monstrosity of a thing, for the 49ers-Jets game which begins in an hour and a half. Here is the opening to the advance column I did on this game:

I fully expect the 49ers to murder the Jets on Sunday. OK, got that?

But this game has become fascinating for two reasons: 1) The Vikings, about as bad as the Jets, actually defeated the 49ers — still hard to believe. The Vikings’ victory gives the Jets hope, or the illusion of hope. 2) The Vikings showed the blueprint of how to beat the 49ers. Point No.2 is the really important point.

To read the full column, please click here.

Comments

1. RC

You realize they are playing away, against a 2-1 team….there are no give me’s anymore in the NFL.

September 30th, 2012 10:26 am

2. Streetglide

Tying to put the kybosh on the team again, eh Lowell?

September 30th, 2012 11:14 am

3. RC

Ok Lowell,

I will give you half on your prediction. It was tight until the 4th, then the Jets went into self destruct mode.

I would say the Niners squandered more than a few opportunities! Where was Randy today? Alex needs to find his touch on any pass 20 yards or over.

September 30th, 2012 12:47 pm

4. Ryan

Nice call, Mr. Cohn. Nice call.

September 30th, 2012 12:53 pm

5. ga's

omg…The Jets are an awful team! And Sanchez was reduced to look inept, due to the 49ers D. The 49ers didn’t “even” have to stay back East for a week to beat the Jets…they are just bad.

September 30th, 2012 1:17 pm

You were half right..the Vikes are better then we thought. And is Jim (when he wins..we are pals) near a record for fastest start without losing two games in a row?

September 30th, 2012 2:02 pm

7. ret

Lowell,

I’ve been reading you for a long time. The Chron once published a letter of mine that I wrote in support of you. But I have to tell you, it’s seems real clear to me you have some weird thing (dare I say, “obsession”?) with Jim Harbaugh. I just watched KPIX’s sports report and they showed a clip of Harbaugh’s post game comments. I heard you question him (I know your voice) about the meaning of “more like it”. Maybe I’m wrong but it looked like all you were doing there was trying to push his buttons. Maybe even trying to piss him off a little. Harbaugh is a good coach (obviously) but other than that I find him to be very, very uninteresting. Kind of a dumb jock type. I honestly think you’re too hung up with him, Lowell.

September 30th, 2012 7:10 pm