Bovada Sports just sent me these odds about where Josh Hamilton will play next season. You’ll notice the Giants are the favorites.

Who will sign Josh Hamilton next?

San Francisco Giants                 3/1

Atlanta Braves                           5/1
Texas Rangers                          5/1

Philadelphia Phillies                   7/1

New York Yankees                    9/1

Chicago Cubs                            9/1

Boston Red Sox                        9/1

Pittsburgh Pirates                      10/1

Toronto Blue Jays                      10/1

Los Angeles Dodgers                 15/1

Comments

1. lameduck

I’ll take the Red Sox at 9-1.

October 11th, 2012 9:09 am

Oh my gosh.. A guy with huge substance issues let loose in San Francisco?. Tim and Pablo can hardly stop themselves..Josh might be overmatched.

October 11th, 2012 9:28 am

3. Gary

He does not come to S.F. Not a hitters ballpark.

October 11th, 2012 9:31 am

4. RednGold1

Will Hamilton go for a ring or go for the money?
    Will the Giants open their wallets?
    Most of the time it’s all about the money.
    What are the odds that Hamilton wants a ring?
    That would be better info.

October 11th, 2012 9:39 am

5. Brady

My bet is on the Sox or Yanks. I’m not sure how I’d feel about him on the Giants. He’s obviously a great hitter, and we have a hole in the outfield, so if the price is right….at the same time, he doesn’t fully fit into our offensive philosophy enough to spend money on him that could be spent on locking up other core players.

In other words, I would love to see him in a Giants uni, but only if it doesn’t preclude us from re-signing our foundation.

But I do like him, and the numbers speak for themselves. And he’s a helluva story.

October 11th, 2012 9:53 am

6. jason

Dodgers at 15-1 looks like good value. Drop Vitorino this year and Uribe come off the books next year.

Not likely for cheapskate Giants. Whatever they’re willing to pay for Hamilton, they’ll have to pay more for Buster down the road.

October 11th, 2012 9:57 am

If it’s a decision between Pence and Hamilton, it’s Hamilton for sure. Love Pence’s energy but he appears to not be the middle order bat we need.

October 11th, 2012 10:03 am

Don’t get caught up in the hype fellas…he’ll stay in Texas.
    *ALOHA*

October 11th, 2012 12:01 pm

9. Steve

Nolan Ryan told him to shop around and the old red ass may have had enough of babysitting him, so I don’t think they’ll break the bank for him. Not out of the question that they’ll resign him, but my bet is on the Red Sox. They’re a player after unloading all that salary and the short right field fence. I hope the Giants aren’t tempted – I believe he’s more trouble than he’s worth. Resign Pagan, go to arbitration with Pence and look at what the rest of the market offers. Gary Brown is moving up the minors, so he could become the third outfielder fairly soon.

October 11th, 2012 1:20 pm

It will be another Sabean disaster in over paying free agents, can you say Rowland, Sanchez and Huff for starters.

October 11th, 2012 2:10 pm

11. gary

I do not want him on the Giant’s for what he/his agent will ask. Likely too many years at too much money.
    Questionable attitude.
    Very Questionaable past.
    Career has definitely peaked.

by some wild chance if he wants a huge, one year deal? that might work.

October 11th, 2012 2:27 pm

12. Zach

Not sure the Red Sox would take a chance on him, after clearing their books and changing the image of the team. Would be surprised to see after all that they decide to take a chance on someone like Hamilton, with such a checkered past.

Which team is desperate and full of cash? Dodgers.

October 12th, 2012 6:24 pm

13. Joey

I’d love to see Hamilton in SF. But it will take a lot of contract negotiating and crunching numbers.

October 13th, 2012 10:45 pm