Before tonight’s game Warriors coach Mark Jackson spoke about his being old school:

“I come from the day and time when if you played then nothing was wrong with you. And if you didn’t you were sick. You could be sick but if you played you were fine and you just got outplayed or you just played great. It would be great for me to say I don’t feel well and then go get 35 or get 3. I’ve got an excuse if I get 3 and if I get 35 I’ve got a Gatorade commercial with Phil Jackson.”

Anything else about him that’s old school?

“You do things the right way. You’re professional. You treat people well. You conduct yourself in the right manner. You can read a person whether they’re going to be successful or not by how they approach whatever it is that they’re doing. Some have great talent but nine times out of ten it’s going to be because of work ethic, determination and desire and not cutting corners.”

Comments

I’ve read that first quote 4 times and I still have no idea what it means…

As far as the second quote is concerned…it would be a whole lot more meaningful without the stripper girlfriend…

November 7th, 2012 8:55 pm

2. B-Rad

“You do things the right way. You’re professional…… You conduct yourself in the
    right manner.”

C’mon Lowell, did this guy really say this?

Was he talking about his tank-job to get into the lottery or paying extortion
    money to cover up an extramarital affair before eventually having to bring
    in the FBI.

And you don’t care for Harbaugh.

November 7th, 2012 9:38 pm

3. Brady

I like Jackson as a coach but these quotes annoy me. He seems to talk as though he is from an era and region that is better than any time or place before or since.

Surprisingly, there are still people in this day and time that work hard and don’t make excuses.

November 7th, 2012 9:39 pm

4. jason

Oh no! I have visions of Mike Singletary running the Warriors.

November 7th, 2012 11:54 pm

5. glenellen

He has a point here.

November 8th, 2012 12:01 am

I’ve untied Alex Smith and Barry Zito in my plan to drop into the bay by helicopter..Rowand and Russell are gone forever. Beidrens right now is the biggest load to drop into McCovey Cove…still room for McFadden.
    But.the second load of coaches? ..Jackson,Tedford,how many stones to hold that down?

November 8th, 2012 11:29 am

7. Steve

I agree with Jason. I can’t help but think fraud every time this guy opens his mouth. If Bogut can get healthy and Curry can stay healthy, the Warriors may just sneak into the playoffs in spite of their coach.

November 8th, 2012 12:51 pm

8. dp

The poor Warriors, being stuck with a preacher [like Singletary] an not a coach. I can’t see him being the coach that the Warriors need. He’ll be gone next year!!

November 8th, 2012 2:10 pm

Mark Jackson is a hypocrite with his high and mighty language and he cheats on his wife. He will be fired after this season, he reminds of Rev. Sing.

November 8th, 2012 9:20 pm

I guess he is moving up from “hand down, man down” days. I was watching the game the other day and realize he is just a figure head. The assistant, I think his name is Malone, is the real coach. Just watch who has the chalk board and is doing the talking when they take a time out late in the game. At least that was what I saw when I watched them beat the Clippers

November 8th, 2012 10:21 pm