I’ll be on the Blitz this afternoon — first I have to drive to Santa Rosa for a meeting at the PD and then Google Maps is telling me to come back across the San Rafael Bridge and get to the City over the Bay Bridge. What gives? One of our blitz topics is who had a better year Bob Melvin or Bruce Bochy.

Comments

1. Brady

I’m not sure I can form an opinion on who had a better year. But I am curious, Lowell: what do you think would have surprised you more back in March, knowing the A’s would win the West, or knowing the Giants would win the world series?

November 14th, 2012 10:55 am

Another topic: That ugly monstrosity of a stadium Lacob wants built right over the bay. Its a giant Oil tank. The refinery look is hideous.
    Lorenzo Neal said Allen should be fired..wow,THAT’S a statement. The stats that were brought up around that show a rookie head coach in over his head.
    And last -Bogut. The media is hinting he’s out for the year. That’s not what Meyers was pushing. But the media was thrilled Biedrens got 8 rebounds. WHO needs Bogut?

November 14th, 2012 11:08 am

3. Mike

MapQuest. Seems to be the most reliable directions web site.

Tie. I’ll go Melvin just because Giants payroll is $ 117,620,683 compared to A’s $ 55,372,500. I’ll go Bochy, it’s the ring that matters most.

If only the A’s Game 5 umpire was the same one for Zito, could have settled this argument on the field. That ump was consistent (as some baseball people said), consistently bad calling pitches off the plate.

November 14th, 2012 11:43 am

4. Steve

Lowell,

I live in Bernal Heights, so whenever I go to Sonoma or Mendocino County I always take the two bridge route (Bay & SR/R). It’s a few more miles but usually at least 10-15 minutes faster (no surface street stop signs or lights). It’s the route I always recommend to friends if they’re coming to my house or this side of the City, unless the traffic report indicates a massive backup on 80 or at the BB toll plaza.

November 14th, 2012 11:51 am

Another Yahoo moment: An answer posted to the Paula Broadwell having classified documents in her home and other data? “KFC does a better job guarding the Colonels recipe for fried chicken then the government does classified documents”

Funny,but true.

November 14th, 2012 12:38 pm

Brady, I would have been more surprised by what the A’s did.

November 14th, 2012 2:42 pm

I honestly cant see how Lacob or city officials looked at that hideous stadium and say THAT’s what visitors to San Francisco should see first from the Bay Bridge. At least add some neutral tone dye to the concrete mix to keep it easier on the eyes. That garish white is ugly.
    Does it look to you to blend in with the Coit tower outline of the City?

November 15th, 2012 8:40 am

8. glenellen

I still like the Golden Gate.

November 15th, 2012 11:39 am