Trent Dilfer from ESPN disputes Jim Trotter’s claim that Kaepernick will start vs. Saints. He says merely that Kaepernick will get first-team snaps this week. First team reps sure seems to indicate Kaepernick will start. It sounds like a polite way of saying it. But it does inject a particle of doubt. Obviously, this is a hot story and it keeps changing. Stay tuned.

Comments

1. The Seth

Controversies, conflicting insider reports, two people fighting for the same position, a populace with strong opposing opinions on who should win….I thought the presidential election was decided weeks ago?

November 21st, 2012 9:02 pm

2. Matt

How about we wait until someone with 49ers actually announces the decision????

Hmmmmm….please….thank you

November 21st, 2012 9:04 pm

3. Michael S.

I trust Trotter. He generally is right on when he posts it.

November 21st, 2012 9:05 pm

Harbaugh is gaming the Saints. He does not want to give them any advantage in preparation for the Niners so he will withhold naming a starter as long as he can.

November 21st, 2012 9:25 pm

5. Rob

Lowell, you nailed this one! I wish Larry Krueger on KNBR (and some others) would give you your due. Unlikely though. They’ve got a thing for you.

November 21st, 2012 9:47 pm

6. The Grinch

Can someone tell me why Matt May-joke-o is supposed to be some 49er expert when hes always the last one to report something?Hes one of those dudes thats so afraid to be wrong he wont report it till its fact..You got better chances finding out 9ers news on espn.That little weenie annoys me.

November 21st, 2012 9:56 pm

Rob, Does Krueger go after me on air? I don’t listen to him and don’t know what he says about me.

November 21st, 2012 10:12 pm

8. Rob

I’ve heard him go after you a number of times. Radnich is mum when he does.

As for Maiocca, none of the 49er beat writers got the Peyton Manning story. And if you check their predictions for the 49er draft, none came close. They’re stenographers,
    not reporters. And certainly not experts either, which is why I enjoy Lowell Cohn, even if his views are “controversial.” Bring back Dickey, Ira, et. al. I couldn’t wait to pick the “green sheet” in the morning when they all were around.

November 21st, 2012 10:46 pm

Rob, I couldn’t wait to pick up the Green Sheet in those days too. It was a thrill to work alongside Ira and Glenn.

November 21st, 2012 10:50 pm

10. Tommy CostaRica

Ahhh Green Sheet for Thanksgiving mmmmmm yummmm :-)

November 22nd, 2012 7:31 am

11. mbabco

Rob, ditto for me on the old Sporting Green. For football, Ira Miller was the best. I’m not a fan of most of the current Chronicle columnists — I feel like I’m reading People magazine when I read them.

November 22nd, 2012 1:38 pm