My grandson Sam has a bad cold and couldn’t go to nursery school. So I’m taking care of him right now. We are watching shows on Nick Jr. Now, we are watching Team Umizoomi. Before that we watched several episodes of Dora the Explorer. Mrs. Cohn Zohn is having lunch with a friend and Grant is off to the Niners. So I’m on my own with Sam. Grant will come home at 3 pm and I’ll drive to the Raiders game and he’ll watch TV with Sam. I am having a lot of fun. I like Dora better than Umizoomi.

Comments

1. B-Rad

And what Lowell will be doing a week from now is lying in bed, doing
    gallons of chicken soup and thinking about what movie he would have
    gone to tomorrow, were he able to get out of bed.

December 6th, 2012 10:47 am

B-Rad, You’re absolutely correct.

December 6th, 2012 11:06 am

Watch out for that kids programming. It’ll turn your mind to mush. Not that you’ll need your full faculties for covering or figuring out the Raiders.

December 6th, 2012 11:07 am

After a while, pop in Monsters vs Aliens. It hypnotizes them. The timing works perfect when your getting tired of running around telling them “put that down,no,no!”. LOL..they are fun though.

December 6th, 2012 11:12 am

Team Umizoomi is the best!

My three year old daughter gave me a detailed description of a dodecahedron that she learned from Millie, Geo & Bot…

My 17 year old son is being recruited by Harvard, Cal, Cornell, and Princeton and I’m confident he couldn’t give a better one…

Team Umizoomi Rocks!

Have fun Grampa…

December 6th, 2012 11:19 am

6. Steve the cat rescuer

Don’t forget the matzo balls.

December 6th, 2012 12:44 pm

7. Dave T

How old is Sam? My son, now almost 11, loved watching Pirates of the Carribean and Star Wars (original trilogy) at age 3 to 4. Yeah, maybe I am a “bad dad” for that, but the music and the visuals always kept him glued. And heck, last night he just wanted to cuddle and watch “The Empire Strikes Back” and fall asleep. And that certainly won’t get any complaints from me.

Hope Sam feels better soon and you don’t catch what he has!

December 6th, 2012 2:46 pm

8. Arizona Niner Fan

Sir,

Take it from a Grandpa of long standing. 5 years from now you will remember this day and being with your grandson much more than anything else you could have done today.

I didn’t believe that either when I was younger but my grandkids are now 24 and 27 and believe me I now know just how true that staement is.

You had a great day today!!!

December 6th, 2012 5:49 pm

9. K.G.

Awwwww….You’re a good Grandfather Lowell. Sam will always remember the times his Grandpa took care of him…believe me. :)

December 6th, 2012 5:52 pm

10. Streetglide

Wow! I cannot imagine a sophisticated man of the world like you as Grandpa. That is so cool.

December 6th, 2012 7:25 pm