I just woke up from my latest nap to read that Mario Manningham is out for the season and playoffs. This means the Niners are depleted at wide receiver. They couldn’t have known they would need one at the time, but too bad they didn’t choose a wide receiver with their first pick in the draft.

Comments

1. lameduck

Maybe his time is now.

December 25th, 2012 4:39 pm

Merry Christmas, lameduck. Hope you’re enjoying some fine Sonoma County red and white.

December 25th, 2012 4:56 pm

3. Rob

Well, didn’t they choose AJ Jenkins as their 1st round pick?
    And doesn’t it appear as if he is a total bust at this point? I mean, for heaven’s sake, they went with Ted Ginn last week in place of AJ Jenkins who was deactivated. Doesn’t bespeak much confience in your top pick. The 2012 49ers draft, especiallycompared to those of the Seahawks and Rams, was one of the worst in recent years.

December 25th, 2012 6:55 pm

4. Tommy CostaRica

Merry Christmas Lowell, I’ve got a Spanish red. Our wines are different down here, you have to figure out what you like out of so few choices. But the Argentinian and of course the wines from Spain are quite good here. Merry Christmas, it’s a shame about Colin if what you say is true……

December 25th, 2012 7:04 pm

Tommy CostaRica, Feliz Navidad.

December 25th, 2012 7:20 pm

6. K.G.

Lowell…
    Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, & a Blessed 2013 to you & your Family!

Lets all hope that Harbaugh & Kaep will “humble” themselves in the New Year, and change their ways…

December 25th, 2012 8:48 pm

Hey Lowell what is the deal with Jenkins? Does Grant have inside or outside information on him?

December 26th, 2012 4:22 am

8:15,And Monty on KNBR keeps promising he has something to say about “Lowell Cohns piece” and he doesn’t mean wig.
    I will report back at 8:45..unless I forget.

December 26th, 2012 8:15 am

9. Rob

Gosh, but the KNBR host this morning really took after Lowell for his column on Harbaugh. The host even questioned Mike Silver about the legitimacy of the column.
    Silver and this host agreed it was over the top. I thought it was spot on. Harbaugh’s not the coach he thinks and acts he is.

December 26th, 2012 8:49 am

Johnc, I don’t believe Jenkins is a very good player, at least not yet. As far as what Grant knows, you’ll have to ask him.

December 26th, 2012 8:54 am

Stan, Who’s Monty?

December 26th, 2012 8:55 am

Rob, I’m glad I gave the people at KNBR something to talk about this morning.

December 26th, 2012 8:57 am

Well,Monty is a politically conservative host who mostly hosts on KGO.
    I think he is Latino…but Monty has never confirmed that. If he is..then hes the first to host a KNBR show I’ve heard.
    That’s one.
    Or ,half..until he admits it.
    And..I did miss almost all. I was making a appointment. This back pain just flattens me.

December 26th, 2012 10:41 am