Granted, I have been a little out of it lately, my head draining and all that jazz. I seem to be coming around this morning, at least I hope I am. I started reading again and noticed that Ann Killion and Tim Kawakami also addressed Colin Kaepernick’s postgame press (non)conference in Seattle. I had not talked to either of them about what happened so I am gratified they came to many of the same conclusions I did. To read Ann and Tim doing the click routine. I hope I do this right.  For Tim, click here.  For Ann, click here.

Comments

1. Steve the cat rescuer

Ann Killion nailed it! The three rookies she cited are as remarkable for their maturity and composure, both on and off the field, as they are for their off the charts performance to date. They have the advantage of being named the starter at the beginning of the season, but they are all involved in a pressure packed playoff scenario and their attitudes have remained consistently admirable.

Lowell, you might want to try a teaspoon or two of Manuka Honey (+16 active level) in green, peppermint or ginger tea next time you feel a cold coming on. It’s pricey and not sweet, but it really helps. Available at Whole Foods and better organically inclined food stores.

December 26th, 2012 9:51 am

2. Jumbo Shrimp

Lowell
    On Ann Killion’s mention of the 3 Wise Men:
    Luck: aw-shucks gee-whiz guy – NO THANKS
    Griffin: all polish and discipline – oh so bland
    Wilson: cool arrogance – YES PLEASE

and on Killion’s Young Gun:
    Kaepernick: short to a fault, mad as hell – easy, big fella!

December 26th, 2012 10:23 am

I’m preternaturally mature too. Am so!
    I watched the rerun of the blitz on Comcast..without a doubt your cold and feeling miserable cost you. The whole vibe of working to smile cost votes.
    And,lastly,Monty’s argument- I caught just the very end- was that the “49ers were never media friendly”..and that is OK with him. Something like that.
    Monty’s living doesn’t depend on informing the public or relaying accurate information. He can guess what Jim thinks without probing questions. Hard to believe Monty can do what I do from home as well.
    Boy,if I could ask questions that I have?,Jim would cry in tears.

December 26th, 2012 10:54 am

4. Budman52

Lowell, …YOU
    (ok, gotta refrain from following or preceeding that word with something that will be deleted and get me banned from this site, I can do this!)
    YOU run the equivalent of a “Bully Pulpit” with YOU as the Bully! That’s what the “CohnZohn” is about, I get that.
    But I’ve noticed in Press conferences, it appears you like to “poke” Harbaugh with a questions that will get a “reaction” from him.
    He doesn’t like his “Mandatory” Press conferences. You ALL know that, so why try to get under his skin? Of course, you & I BOTH know the answer to that. If you can’t get an interesting story out of the PC, why not attempt to CREATE some drama DURING it!!!
    I’ve gotten to the point where I don’t watch them BECAUSE he has nothing to say.
    Obviously you take it personally, He’s not making your job very easy. I get that.
    But, attacking with such apparent fervor after a big loss makes you appear “vengeful”, or at the least, like you have an agenda or issue with the man himself.
    He & his team lost a big game. Walsh & co. had more than their share of them, OFTEN managing to turn things around enough to still add to their Lombardi Collection.
    NOT comparing Harb with Walsh, just pointing out it might be wise to at least wait until the season is over to start writing his obit.
    The guy has made HUUUGE strides in taking us to the level we USED to expect. How about you let him finish the “meal” before you judge HOW it was prepared.

December 26th, 2012 11:14 am

I think Ann Killion makes a very good point and she does it in a very nice way. Perhaps she should get a job covering those other quarterbacks if interview style points are important to her.

Maybe all of you pundits should collaborate on a blog dedicated to how interviews should be conducted by athletes and coaches. I am sure it would be a very popular blog.

December 26th, 2012 11:51 am

6. Dave T

@ Budman- Problem is that Harbaugh forgets that he does in fact have an obligation, one set by the NFL, not the team, the NFL to do a press conference. And, like it or not he will be asked questions, and the NFL fans want to know, they want that inside info, the “what were you thinking” angle. Been that way for a long, long, long time. It gives us some of the best snippets ever as well. Who will ever forget the “Playoffs?!?” quote. Or the “They are who we thought they were!!??!” rant.

As far as comparing Harbaugh to Walsh, I agree it is way unfair, but until Harbaugh wins something, anything of real importance (like say at least an NFC Championship) then his act will start to wear thin and grate on people. Just ask someone like Tom Coughlin about that, or Bellichek. If you win, and add trophies to the case, then you can be standoffish and rude, but if you don’t, you are just a jerk with an attitude. And I say all this being a fan of Harbaughs. But if he does not either A. Win something or B. Become a bit nicer, he could soon find himself on a horse on the way oout of Dodge.

December 26th, 2012 1:21 pm

I heard Bruce again mention your Harbaugh writings last week.
    I swear,he and others like him? They really do think that Lowell Cohn will make Jim unhappy and want to leave town. That’s the kid thinking in them all.
    Funny.