I am in the family room over at the Cohn Zohn with Grant and we are watching the Pack vs. the Vikes on TV. When there’s a timeout and the stupid commercials come on, I turn off the sound. I am used to watching games in the press box and there is video but no sound there, which means I have no experience of or tolerance for the stupid commercials — all of them.

Comments

1. Peter

Did you notice during the Minn defense player and prior college introductions Jared Alan said, “Culinary Academy”.

January 5th, 2013 5:38 pm

2. Hoferfan67

LC, I don’t blame you for muting the volume during commercials. Evidently, the volume on commercials were to be reduced to the same level as the programming being watched beginning in 2013. Unfortunately, with the same law they didn’t include withdrawing or cancelling stupid commercials. Enjoy the game and go GB (I’m an AR fan).

January 5th, 2013 5:52 pm

3. jimmy

Without products to sell to us, TV, and yes football, would not exist.

January 5th, 2013 7:04 pm

You are wise to turn off the sound of the commercial with just a quick press of the mute button. The volume of the commercials are louder than the broadcast. I thought that was made illegal but it seems to persist.

January 5th, 2013 7:27 pm

I just assumed the volume was louder in the commercials as it has been in the past, but as Hoferfan67 pointed out it is now illegal as of 2013.

January 5th, 2013 7:31 pm

6. B-Rad

The only thing that I don’t record and watch later are the Niner games. Right now
    it’s 10:30 AM on Sunday and I’m recording Colts/Ravens. I can’t stand the
    commercials. I can watch this game in it’s entirety in 2 hours. If I start watching
    the game at 11AM, I’ll know the final score as soon as you do and I won’t have
    tortured myself in the process.

During the first Niner’s first preseason game this year they played the Urlacher
    Comcast X-finity or In-finity (something like that) commercial 5-7 times per
    quarter and I almost started taping the Niners after that. Fortunately, they
    haven’t been repeating the same commercial nearly that many times during
    any of their other games.

January 6th, 2013 10:43 am

7. glenellen

Do you have a DVR to record ?

Record it. Then you can pause as long as you want. I record it and pause for 10 – 15 minutes. Go make a sandwich or something.

Come back and zip through all the commercials.
    It is quite fun to zip through commercials since I dislike them so much, the same ones, over and over.

Also, if you record it you can go back and look at something if you want. Otherwise, delete.

January 6th, 2013 12:39 pm

totally agree Lowell about the obnoxious commercials these days……….with computer graphics that are used its like they’re mini movies trying to grind into your brain. I did a painting contractor job for a company that analysis peoples brain waves as they watch a commercial, and then the data is given to the company that made the commercial so they can improve the way they manipulate peoples thoughts to buy their product……..is that sick or what?

January 8th, 2013 9:09 am