I’m picking the 49ers to defeat the Packers in a close game. I do this with some trepidation because the Packers are good. I just think the Niners are better. The Niners will run on the Pack. The Niners will pass on them. The Niners will stop the Packer’s run — I guess, if Justin Smith is any kind of a factor at all. The Niners will put pressure on Aaron Rodgers and bother him just enough. The Niners already beat them this year, and the Niners did it at their place. The Niners’ coaches outcoached the Packers’ coaches.

Comments

Let’s hope Grant picks Green Bay, then I know you will be right.

January 11th, 2013 12:19 pm

This game is a tough one to call. Anythng can happen. Rodgers is scary good and it will come down to how the Nners contain him if they are successful stopping the run. Defensive line and secondary will have to play well.

January 11th, 2013 12:35 pm

3. Gary

I understand nothing about this season after what happened in the two games against the Rams and the debacle in Seattle.

January 11th, 2013 1:09 pm

CK hasn’t looked good since the Patriots,and did worse then Alex vs Arizona..both had the same team under them.
    And I would wonder how somebody’s so easily changed personality by Harbaugh..from outgoing friendly guy to a Mini Jim, is ready to take on Rogers?.
    But I KNOW the 49ers are the better team. Why I picked them to beat GB on opening day in cheese head home.
    At least the weather will favor CK..he can run all he wants on real unfrozen turf.
    The 49ers one and done? Harbaugh isn’t like that.
    So I pick..let you know later…

January 11th, 2013 1:16 pm

BLITZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ~ALOHA~

January 11th, 2013 1:45 pm

6. Larry Rowe

If the 49ers win this game by 10 points or more, I am sure we will be in the Superbowl. I expect a big day out of our D. They have been sluggish since the Pats second half.

34 49ers 14 Packers

But I could also the score being reversed. If CK7 needs to call timeouts because of confusion issues.

I say begin the game with Hurry Up O and that will tire out CM and BJ. March down the field like we have be there before and do it quick with no huddle. Our O has been the option game anyway.

It will open up Crabtree and the ageless one RM.

Slide in FG and LMJ for the iceing on the cake.

January 11th, 2013 2:14 pm

7. jimmy

If it’s a close one it could come down to a field goal. Packers have the edge in the kicking game.

January 11th, 2013 4:41 pm

8. RC

Niners by 10. You boys were good TV tonight.

January 11th, 2013 5:58 pm

Hey you and Grant on Comcast. It been so long since he was on TV..I forgot what he sounded like (hence my mistake at the presscon). Whew,Grant better watch it…Niners brass..they arent used to that. I know it. Playoff time is usually “How much will the 49ers win by?” type talkers.

January 11th, 2013 6:39 pm

10. K.G.

Glenn Dickey is saying the 49ers will lose…So who knows?

January 11th, 2013 8:25 pm

11. Tj

These are two different teams then when they first met first game of year. Will be good game but with Packers fully healthy at running back with Harris, Green, Starks, Grant to compliment the best QB in the league Rodgers, and Woodson let run loose on D,the Niners are going down! Another Superbowl appearance for the Pack!

January 12th, 2013 2:40 am

12. loneraider78

No, they won’t.

This is the week the more experienced QB gets the job done.

January 12th, 2013 9:35 am

13. Funx

The Cenataur made sure it wasn’t a close game. Harbaugh’s choice has seemed to pay off so far

January 12th, 2013 8:44 pm

14. Jumbo Shrimp

This is what you’ve been talking about since that article about Walsh, Harbaugh, Montana, and Kaep. So we know Kaep has the winning gene. Do you want to agree that Harbaugh was holding back Kaep all season long with this in mind?

January 12th, 2013 10:19 pm