Nothing against the Atlanta Falcons, a worthy group, but I want the Seahawks to beat them. Why? Because it would set up the third game between the Niners and Seahawks and this has become a terrific rivalry. I want it to keep going. It’s also a regional rivalry, our rivalry in the NFC West and on the West Coast. A game between the Niners and Seahawks would have greater meaning to Zohn readers than an Atlanta game.

Comments

It would be a sweet win, but I just want to win next week, so we can get to the big game.

January 13th, 2013 10:33 am

2. Seth

Another niners v Seahawks would be a great game and would also further the Harbaugh-carrol rivalry

January 13th, 2013 10:58 am

3. Kathy

“Our rivalry”?

Why, Lowell, for a minute there you almost sound like a fan!

January 13th, 2013 1:42 pm

Kathy, You got me there. I meant West Coast rivalry, regional rivalry, great storyline — Harbaugh vs. Carroll and what’s your deal — what wonderful material for a writer.

January 13th, 2013 2:03 pm

5. Kathy

Mmmm hmmm, Lowell. Good recovery ;)

You still have good material to work with, JH replacing his top-rated QB midseason, Niners going up against the No. 1 seed, no playoff road wins since the late ’80s, heck, there’s even the “Can Mike Nolan defend against the 49er offense?” angle, though not as juicy as the feud between PC & JH.

Personally, as satisfying as the rematch with Seatole might be after that shellacking in Dec, my main wish is to get to and win the Super Bowl, and I sense that would be easier to do vs ATL, which hasn’t played the Niners this year so will be easier to catch off guard. So I’m happy the opponent is ATL.

January 13th, 2013 3:46 pm

6. Jack Hammer

Not so fast. I am really looking forward to the 49ers facing Mike Nolan. In many ways he put down the foundation that neither he or Singletary could build upon.

January 13th, 2013 9:49 pm

7. Nancy R

What a heartbreak for Pete Carroll and the Seahawks after such an amazing come back. I wanted the Niners and the Seahawks to play again, too. I guess Carroll called the time out and then the Falcon kicker missed the field goal and then he made it. I was in agony. Imagine how Carroll feels. Bummer. I think 49ers lucked out because I think the Seahawks would have given them a run for their money. The Falcon game will be somehow hollow. I have no feelings for that team.

January 14th, 2013 6:04 am