Here is the opening to my Sunday column about the Warriors new uniforms:

You will notice a different vocabulary in this column. Like “apparel” and “fabric” and “style.”

I don’t usually write about clothes. I generally write about layups, home runs and performance-enhancing drugs. You’ll also notice “symbolism,” that dreaded word from Freshman English.

So, bear with me, because I’m writing about the Warriors’ T-shirts, the shocking yellow ones they wore Friday night when they beat the San Antonio Spurs, the best team in the NBA, 107-101 in overtime. It was a statement game for the Warriors after they had lost six of their previous seven and seemed headed down the drain. It was also a fashion statement.

To read the full column, click here

Comments

This is simply about selling more shirts. They look uncomfortable to me, but I never liked wearing anything that fit to tight.

February 24th, 2013 9:57 am

I think the Warrior T-shirt should have a pocket. Make it even more practical for fans.
    It could be worse. The Warriors might have brought back mesh shirts,and short shorts.

February 24th, 2013 11:53 am

The Warriors playing early today. If there is one show I can’t think of as a bigger waste of time after a loss?- Its the Warrior post game show.
    That’s real torture,30 minutes of why we lost by 25 points. I cant last a minute. How about you?

February 24th, 2013 12:13 pm

4. Owen

Everything old is new again. The Warriors originated in Phila. At a time when the great Tom Gola led the Lasalle Explorers to national prominence. Lasalle wore tops exactly like those unveiled by the current Warriors marketing geniuses. Even wore them losing the national title game to the Dons in 56

February 24th, 2013 2:03 pm

5. Benny eggs

What the new uniforms mean is that Lacob &Gruber think the consumer has more in the pocket to be lifted

February 24th, 2013 2:21 pm

As you remember I suggested the 49ers dump that costume they wear and get something modern.sleek, and muy machismo. If they had? They would have won the Super Bowl. They never learn I know best.

February 24th, 2013 5:58 pm

7. Tommy CostaRica

Let’s be new, let’s be original. These guys are the new rock band in town with the new sound. Loved watching them defend a one point lead with 6 seconds left in Minnesota today. The old Warriors would of lost today’s game for sure!

February 24th, 2013 7:22 pm

8. Albert Park

Maybe if the rest of the league adopted nice conservative uniforms like this you’d have less fights and less flopping.

February 25th, 2013 5:32 pm