Here is the opening to my Sunday column, previewing Sunday’s 12:30 game between the Warriors and Spurs. It lists six things you should know about the Warriors and think about:

OAKLAND — Here are six things you should know about the Warriors:

1: Coach Mark Jackson has no idea if Stephen Curry, who sprained an ankle yet again, can play in Game 4 today. “Once again, we’re back to trusting the process, treatment around the clock, seeing how he is (Sunday). Unfortunately, we’ve become veterans at this.”

Curry’s status will be a game-time decision, made more difficult by the actual game time — 12:30 p.m. That’s seven hours sooner than regular game time, and it means Curry has fewer hours for treatment.

To read the entire column, please click here.

Comments

1. Pablo

Can you talk about the Giants, in your blog? Writing columns on assigned topics is one thing. But with your blog, you can comment on anything you want. It’s been too long since you’ve written anything about the World Series champs.

May 12th, 2013 3:26 am

Pablo, I am only one person and can be one place at a time. I now am covering the Warriors for obvious reasons. Before that I concentrated on the NFL draft. Baseball is a long season and I happily will get back to the Giants and A’. I traveled with the Giants the entire postseason 2012. Everything in its time and place.

May 12th, 2013 9:16 am

After the first game: The Warriors are chokers,and will be swept.
    After the second game: The Warriors are the younger faster team,with now proven depth.
    After the third game: The Warriors are D league, beaters,and pretenders.
    Today? wait while I check the weather and blogs…

May 12th, 2013 9:45 am

And that’s beaters in the broken down car sense….

May 12th, 2013 9:46 am

5. Pablo

Don’t get me wrong, I appreciate your efforts, I do. I realize you can’t be everywhere.

It’s just that the Giants are having an interesting and somewhat unusual season. The hitting has been holding up the team, not the pitching, with many walk off victories and scoring in the later innings to pull off wins. This is the opposite of how this team has historically operated.

There are also the issues of Lincecum, Vogelsong, (Cain for the month of April), among others. (Scutaro had been an issue—his hitting had been a problem—his fielding remains as a concern.)

Would it be possible to hear your take on this baseball team, even if it is only a few words, from time-to-time? I enjoy your spin on sports. It would meet my need for perspective, clarity and understanding.

It is just a request. As always, please take what you like and leave the rest.

Thank you, for your response above. One of your strengths is that you communicate and connect with us who drop by your blog. I enjoy the community we share here.

May 12th, 2013 10:04 am

Pablo, I’ll do the best I can. I appreciate that you want to hear from me. I fly out to San Antonio tomorrow — never been there before.

May 12th, 2013 10:14 am

7. Pablo

Lowell, fair enough. I couldn’t ask for more.

My guess San Antonio will make you appreciate the fine weather we enjoy here, in the Bay Area, and our diversity of thought.

You might even take in Alamo memorial.

Go Giants!

May 12th, 2013 10:41 am

I have a Latino city council friend-or acquaintance I guess- who told me after staying in old San Anton for a few weeks,he like Pablo said,missed the diversity of the bay area. And the lack of steaming heat and humidity.

We have something here I learn in life and on the net,other people really treasure around this country or even the world.

May 12th, 2013 11:55 am

And as part of my property management duties? I learned today that you can unclog even a 6″ main line with 1 cup of baking soda and 1 cup of White/regular Vinegar and wait 30 minutes. Works like a charm Lowell.

May 12th, 2013 12:18 pm

10. Tommy CostaRica

Lowell you knew they were going to win today even though they were down by 8 with 4 to go. Jack was soooo clutch and then Thompson came out of nowhere! This is the best basketball series I’ve ever seen, at least that I can remember! Bogut was amazing pulling down board after board with Duncan just boxed out every time. They do not win this game without Bogut! I like the way coach Jackson just ignored Bogut’s foul troubles, even though he had 3 halfway through the 1st quarter he ended the game with only 4.

May 12th, 2013 5:20 pm

11. Evvy

Champions have foundation characteristics in common. They are mentally tough, physically resilient, trust each other, believe in themselves and their coach. Your writing seems to avoid dealing with these common truths. These Warriors are on the cusp of becoming an annual contender. A well rounded team able to compete each night and each year. It begins with a knowledgable and patient front office. A tough minded but gentle coach. Young talent led by a budding super star.
    Bay Area scribes would do well to write about the big picture, a year of amazing growth. Stop theF—en nit picking. Relish becoming relevant again. Marvel at the chance to enjoy a talent like Stephan Curry.

May 12th, 2013 7:21 pm

12. htwaits

What went wrong? The Warriors were supposed to be down 3-1 because their point guard is defective, their center is defective, their power forward is defective, and their backup point guard is defective. It’s a strange world out there.

May 12th, 2013 9:51 pm

13. Steve the cat rescuer

If ever there was a case to be made for the Rick Barry method of shooting free throws, it’s Bogut. Love his gritty play, but if his elbow really is the problem, shooting underhand would resolve it. He shot an air ball on a critical free throw today. I know today’s players consider it beneath their manhood to do so, but it’s about finding the best way to win, so maybe it’s time for some tough love by Coach Jackson during the off season.

May 12th, 2013 11:07 pm

14. Rebelscum74

Looks like you and I and everyone but mark Jackson was wrong about jack. The warriors would not have won without the ball in his hands for a huge part of the game still can not believe it! Go dubs!

May 13th, 2013 4:10 am

15. Marty

Some cities witness sports greatness often. NY with DiMaggio, Mantle , Mays and Snyder. Then Frazier, Bradley, Reed & Monroe. In SF we have seen it in Football and Baseball. But in Basketball there has been a drought. Not since flat top Mully have we seen it on the hardwood. That is why we should sit back and enjoy a team maturing before our eyes. And a player making plays no coach can teach or draw up. A left handed bank shot over a certain hall of fame center, a three point shot of the back foot, a floater through the lane likened to an Astaire dance move bay yesteryear great, a drive and one in overtime on one leg, etc, etc.

May 13th, 2013 11:52 am

16. Elliot Russ

This team is well coached, tenacious, talented and made up of winners. Here are the six things to know;
    New ownership gets it
    The logo builds winners
    Mark Jackson brings a winners mentality to a sad sack franchise
    Getting Ellis out of town was critical to winning
    Having a great go to guy is essential to win in the NBA
    A roster made up of good players who accept their roles and play to their strengths is important to winning
    That’s all folks