Eric Davis is being replaced by Tim Ryan as 49ers’ radio analyst. Rich Lieberman wrote a post analyzing the move. Here is a link to why he thinks Davis is no longer with the Niners:

Comments

I rarely listen to the radio but when I did,, Davis was a homer and had a stupid laugh when the Niners did well. He was absolutely horrible on the Game , when he had a afternoon show. Tim Ryan is way better then Davis ever will be.

January 22nd, 2014 3:08 pm

2. Brett

Can’t seem to open the Link. However I don’t like the move.

January 22nd, 2014 3:41 pm

Rich Leiberman is guessing just like the rest of us. No quotes of anybody in 49erland…and when I asked Rich if he even talked to Davis?,Leiberman ignored me. I can sit at home and guess too.
    Nobody seems to think that maybe Eric wanted a raise? That’s a strong possibility. I would think he’s not here to show up at banquets would be fine if he worked cheap. And now,maybe Eric doesn’t need to fly back and forth for what they pay him. He did give up his 95.7 radio job last year. And I ask anybody if they noticed Davis had changed between last year and this on 49er broadcasts? I never noticed that.
    I would think money before I would buy into “Eric doesn’t know how to use the PC”..or “His cheering for the home team upset the 49ers”..LOL!..sure it did. And Bob F. is on the Warriors list for that!

January 22nd, 2014 7:03 pm

4. Steve the cat rescuer

I don’t like the move at all. Ryan is a cliche waiting to be uttered. Davis knows the game, got progressively better and had good chemistry with Ted Robinson. Plus he’s a former 49er, which Ryan is not. I think Stan’s on to something.

January 22nd, 2014 7:19 pm

5. k.g.

Eric Davis with his radio job, and also his gig on the NFL Network’s AM Show, Eric was being spread pretty thin. I also believe he lives in Los Angeles too.

January 22nd, 2014 10:42 pm

I have no use for either of them. Davis was Captain Obvious, and I’ve never heard anything insightful from Ryan either. But I’m glad Ted Robinson is staying!

January 23rd, 2014 9:14 am

7. Sondra Byullotch

Ryan is the Absolute Worst announcer in the history of the NFL, and that’s saying something.

January 23rd, 2014 12:10 pm

Sondra, Could you elaborate? Say one specific thing you object to in Ryan.

January 23rd, 2014 12:11 pm

9. Sondra Byullotch

Ryan is often flat out wrong when he describes what just happened on the field. It’s as though he’s blind. Also, he is God of the Obvious. Davis was the best new radio/TV identity in sports media, as his future success will show.

January 23rd, 2014 12:13 pm

10. Sondra Byullotch

If you need more specifics, remind me at the beginning of next season (as if) and I’ll be happy to provide them.

Do you disagree? Did you object to Davis? I’m well aware that you dislike Damon Bruce, so it could be that we simply disagree. For instance, Damon Bruce speaks honestly about ALL subjects, no matter how PI, and is rather funny doing it. Ryan lacks the intelligence to provide insight or be reflective about anything worth reflection …

January 23rd, 2014 12:18 pm

11. Brett

I agree with Steve. He brings instite only an ex-9er could bring. Nuff said.

January 23rd, 2014 2:01 pm

Sondra, I don’t listen to the radio broadcasts in the press box and don’t have an opinion on the current announcers.

January 23rd, 2014 4:53 pm

13. Sondra Byullotch

No opinion on Ted Robinson? He’s a “Great One.”

January 23rd, 2014 9:39 pm