The Eagles just released DeSean Jackson. Amazing. He really can play and he’s exactly the fast wide receiver the 49ers need. Somehow I doubt the Niners will be contacting him. I’m linking to an article from NJ.com which explores Jackson’s possible gang affiliations and more. These off-field activities may be why the Eagles cut him free. Here is the link.┬áP.S. You actually need to click inside the blog post to activate the link. I have no idea how it works.

Comments

1. michel

Hi Lowell, read the article and did some research. This guy has got it made – he has an affiliation with a LA gang – how stupid can one person be!!!!!

March 28th, 2014 11:03 am

Funny,in 20 years DeSean will be screaming at the moon how those hanger on’s bled him of millions of dollars. And then in his 40′s Jackson will feel embarrassed to hang out with 20 year old’s who wont respect him anyhow. An old story.
    That gang stuff is for dummies.

But,in the now..sign him. Tell tales he’s of moral character. It’s like the “Moss is a team player” we got last year.

March 28th, 2014 11:38 am

3. Streetglide

The guy is a banger and has ugly ways. He’s more radioactive than Incognito. Soccer blows…

March 28th, 2014 12:26 pm

4. Dr. Feelgood

Fact: Crimes committed by DeSean Jackson- Disturbing The Peace, 2009, stemming from being pulled over by police for driving a car with “tinted windows”.
    Whoa!, next stop- FBI Top Ten Most Wanted List!
    Also, he is “associated with” a suspected gang member/murderer, who by the way, was acquitted of the crime for which he was indicted
    “Associated with”- what does that imply? A contract? A blood pact? Teammates on a HS team? Neighbors? What?
    Jackson was born in LA. Black LA, not Beverly Hills. He knows who he knows. Any of you that grew up in tough neighborhoods, in decaying parts of major cities, know the score.
    DeSean Jackson may be a bad teammate, and a bad actor, but we’ve seen this before and it eventually works against the person, as it now is working against Jackson.
    However, on a strictly criminal scale, Aldon Smith is much farther along than Jackson.

March 28th, 2014 3:14 pm

5. Bob In Portland

This is a tough one. If Jackson can hold it together he’s enough to put the Niners over the top this year. On the other hand, I don’t know what’s in the report, and if he’s done anything to get suspended. Plus, chances are someone like the Jets or the Raiders will take a flyer and pay more for him.

Really too bad. He was great at Cal, but even back then he was known as an asshat. And if I recall, didn’t he spike his first NFL TD before he crossed the goal line?

Anyway, if the Niners do sign him (or anyone else does), it should be for a short period, with little upfront and loaded with incentives, like playing the full season, etc.

I was dumb when I was in my 20s, but I never threw away ten million dollars.

March 28th, 2014 3:30 pm

6. Steve the cat rescuer

Frankly this is shameful, in a Richard Jewell sort of way. Guilt by association, rumor mongering, media oversensationalism, running with assumptions; there’s a lot more to this story and it may reveal a very dark side about the Philadelphia Eagles under Chip Kelly. I’m not intimating that Jackson is a choir boy, but let’s not forget that the Eagles signed Riley Cooper to a huge contract and no eyebrows were raised. Wouldn’t surprise me if Jackson ends up with the Chiefs and his former coach.

March 29th, 2014 9:17 am