KTVU is reporting Niners’ cornerback Chris Culliver got arrested. I am assuming the report is correct and I’m going from there. If the report is false, I apologize in advance. Here is a link to the KTVU story.

Culliver hit a bicyclist with his car, then fled the scene. Felony.

Another driver saw the hit and run and followed Culliver in his car and tried to hem him in. Culliver grabbed a set of brass knuckles and threatened the second driver. Felony.

Then Culliver drove off. Misdemeanor.

After that, the cops nabbed him. Culliver is the same 49er who went on an anti-gay rant at the Super Bowl.

What fascinates me is the brass knuckles. I have heard of hit and run. It is a heinous offense, but I kind of understand it. I don’t understand the brass knuckles. Where do you get them? I mean, I’ve seen them only on TV and in movies. Is there a brass knuckles shop?

And why did Culliver have brass knuckles? “I may need these puppies,” he might have told himself one day.

Did he keep the knuckles in his glove compartment? Or maybe under the driver’s seat for easy access. We may learn the answers in the next few days.

Jim Harbaugh says he wants his guys to be above reproach. Let’s check the scorecard on the above-reproach Niners.

Aldon Smith, taken in the same 2011 draft as Culliver, shot off an unlicensed gun at his house and then crashed into a tree while under the influence.

Ahmad Brooks hit a teammate in the head with a bottle and then threatened to shoot him with a gun, although that detail about the gun is disputed.

And now we have Culliver.

Here’s my scorecard, and correct me if I’m wrong.

Two guns (one gun disputed).

Two cars.

One bottle.

One tree.

One set of brass knuckles.

Wow!

Comments

When I was a teen one of my cousins had a pair of brass knuckles. It would have been uncool to ask where he got them. But,I might have,don’t remember.
    I do remember trying them on Lowell. And whatever I hit with them, a tap on the wall,or maybe his arm…hurt me more then them. I can’t see how you can use those without breaking every bone in your fingers.
    I’m not really designed for the thug life. I learned that long,long,ago.

March 28th, 2014 5:21 pm

2. B-Rad

74 picks after we took this piece of crap with the 80th pick
    in the 2011 NFL draft, our little friend, Pete Carroll took
    Harbaugh’s buddy, Richard Sherman, with the 154th pick.

March 28th, 2014 6:50 pm

this is exactly why I cant root for this 49er team led by coach Jim Horrible who turns a blind eye to this kind of behavior from his players………if he didn’t he wouldn’t of allowed Aldon Smith to return to the team as soon as he did after driving drunk where he coulduv killed someone, like a child walking to school at 7 a.m. when the crash happened.

March 28th, 2014 7:24 pm

4. Tom Fresso

Would Walsh have tolerated these kinds of actions?

March 28th, 2014 7:37 pm

5. Streetglide

Easy to get knuckle dusters (there’s an old Irish term) in Japan. Hurt like hell, you can break bones. Culliver needs to go. In fact, he will go. League is going to come down heavy on thuglife since Hernandez.

March 28th, 2014 8:22 pm

6. Dr. Feelgood

Hit and run? Apprehended by a citizen? Brass knuckles?
    It all boggles the mind.

March 28th, 2014 8:28 pm

7. Dr. Feelgood

News Flash: Chris Culliver leap-frogs DeSean Jackson on “Most Heinous in NFL” ranking.

March 28th, 2014 9:01 pm

8. Rob

There’s just a smugness about this organization, starting with Jed York. Anything goes. How different it once was, as
    evidenced in the replays during 49ers week on the NFL Network.

March 28th, 2014 11:25 pm

9. Rob

Follow up to last night’s post –

Tim Kawakami reported just a few days ago that the Niners brass (York, Baalke) believe “everything is going according to plan.” Well, I’m sure the Culliver arrest was, is not part of their plan. As I said, there is an air of smugness about this group.

March 29th, 2014 6:07 am

10. Steve the cat rescuer

In direct contrast to my just posted comments about Desean Jackson, this guy is scum. KPIX reported that Culliver was driving on a suspended license, which explains his fleeing the scene. So add that to the charges as well. Hopefully his money and celebrity will not spare him a lengthy stay at the Graybar Hotel.

March 29th, 2014 9:23 am

Maybe he got them from DeSean.

Add CB to the list of priorities in this all important draft if it wasn’t there already.

March 29th, 2014 9:27 am

12. kg

Dear friends, “it all starts from the top.” During the process of the 49ers run up to moving the stadium out of SF, the top brass encouraged the scapegoating of the City of SF, by our local Media & the South Bay fan base.

A lot of the promises made by the current ownership was pure bs, aka lies to the residents of Santa Clara, but it was all allowed by the elected officials of Santa Clara. During the run up to Measure J, for the stadium the folks of SC were told “the stadium is free, won’t cost you one cent.” And also Measure J was written up by the 49ers Lawyers, which read, that the Measure would benefit the schools of Santa Clara 100%.

The 49ers used to be one of the classiest NFL organizations in the league! Bill Walsh, & Eddie wanted players ofstrong character, & leadership skills on their teams. Now the classiest team that is “SF,” is the SF Giants. Under the Yorks ownership Culliver behavior does not surprise me at all… It starts from the top?!

March 29th, 2014 6:36 pm

13. PhD

Someone asked Ray Ratto if this incident showed a pattern of behavior by Chris Culliver. The answer I would have given is simple, “Yes, and that pattern of behavior is called stupid.”

March 30th, 2014 7:41 pm