Bovada is quoting odds for NBA title. Warriors and Cleveland are co-favorites at 11/5. Pelicans are third from bottom at 150/1. That doesn’t sound so good for New Orleans.
The Warriors, should they play to potential, whould get through the New Orleans Series in good order then face the winner of the Portland and Memphis series. Neither of which should be a huge issue for them, and then get the winner of what should be the Clippers and Spurs going at one another for a long series. All in all, it shapes up well for the Warriors. Now let’s just hope they play to their potential.
My son told he saw on some site, don’t know which one, that the Warriors had a 45% chance of winning the championship and the Cavaliers had a 55% chance. But if the Cavaliers were in the western conference and the Warriors were in the eastern conference the Cav’s chances would slip to 25% and the Warriors would rise to 75%. I found that interesting.
FiveThirtyEight gives them a 48% chance of winning the whole shebang!
Lowell Cohn has been covering Bay Area sports for more than 30 years and he’s never run out of things to say.