My kid Iggy (Grant) just posted his weekly blog entry for CSNBayArea’s Cooler. He ranked the five top running backs in the NFL. It is such an Iggy topic as opposed to a topic I would pick. And I love it. Some of the usual suspects make his cut — I won’t tell you who. But some don’t. You’ll be fascinated with how he ranks some local backs. To read his entry click here.

Comments

Hmm,I would have thought Chris Johhson and his blazing speed at no.1 and then its Peterson with his clutch runs AND catches,then..?
    I know D-mac has hit a stride with some great blocking-but he’s a fumbler. A demerit.
    Gore? again,being a know it all-lol,I said when Singletary gave one of his first speaches on what his offense would be,almost two years ago-lots of Gore, I said,that Gore when he’s asked to carry the ball too often, gets tired,and when he’s tired he gets hurt or fumbles-more demerits. And Frank aint gettin younger.

November 10th, 2010 4:34 pm

2. Fred

Grant I “remember” what Maurice Jones-Drew did to Cal one year and I bet you do as well. He is a elite running back.

November 10th, 2010 4:36 pm

3. BOZ

That was my first and last trip to “the cooler.”

November 10th, 2010 5:41 pm

4. B-Rad

Grant:
    Not to disagree with you, but I disagree. McFadden at #1?
    He’s leading the league at 108.1 yds/game?
    Sure, if you only count the games he has played in. But he’s missed
    2 games. And therein lies his problem. Since he was drafted he has
    only played in 32 of 41 possible games.
    I would argue that he is only averaging 39.3 yds/game based on counting
    all 41 games, or 50.4 yds/game based on the 32 games he actually
    played in.
    …………
    Chris Johnson: “If you take away his longest run in each, he’s averaged fewer than four
    yards per carry seven times, and fewer than three yards per carry six times.”
    I hate it when you do that. Here’s a statement that I think is factual.
    “If you take away the 5 worst plays of the 49ers in each of the last 400 games,
    and also take away the 5 best plays of their opponent in each game, the Niners would
    be 400 – 0 and would have won 20 straight Super Bowls.”
    Woulda, coulda, shoulda.

November 10th, 2010 6:01 pm

5. Brady

Good list and a great read. thanks for the link. I would Gore instead of Jones-Drew, because he is the best receiving back in the NFL (at least with Reggie Bush injured)

November 10th, 2010 9:15 pm

Gore is no slouch-he deserves to be in the conversation,but it helps that your coach only gives YOU the ball to run and only YOU on short passes,screens,etc. That sort of skews the stats. But,I admit if I saw the others named every week like I do Gore,some other factor favoring them would standout no doubt.

November 12th, 2010 2:01 pm