Thank goodness for Netflix. Because Mrs. Cohn Zohn and I are pretty sick — we’ve been reduced to the chicken soup level — we are watching all kinds of TV series we mostly get from Netflix. We are in the first season of Homeland which I like a lot. We also are watching The Killing, also very good. And we are watching The Hour on BBC TV, which I like. So there’s lots of TV around here. Hope your days are more exciting than mine.

Comments

1. Jumbo Shrimp

Make sure it’s not a Norovirus. That thing is bad.

December 29th, 2012 10:01 am

2. Dr. Feelgood

How is it that your son is throwing out clips of a fight that took place in 1952? I like that.

December 29th, 2012 12:25 pm

3. Raffaele

Yes, good to have Netflix at such a time.

I have enjoyed seeing TV series that are not available through my Comcast package. Having heard about them, I got the following series and had fun watching them without interruptions: Sopranos, Firefly, Deadwood.

Another alternative–get the AFI list of outstanding movies and start at the top. Great to revisit those classics.

December 29th, 2012 12:53 pm

Now,YouTube wants me to use my real name because “my channel” has become popular and my Y-tube name is hard to remember.
    Hey,I cant help it if my oldy rock and roll vids are popular…I didn’t even know I had a channel.

Whats this insistence by big brother that people can find out more about you then makes you comfortable? I don’t need kooks at my front door because I don’t have hidden ph.no’s,fake email…all the stuff celebritys do.
    I don’t want to have the fate of a John Lennon of blog posters…

December 29th, 2012 1:17 pm

5. Jonny Thunder

It’s making the rounds and hanging out in the respiratory system. My wife made homemade chicken soup a couple of days ago and it was very good.

Today is a day for bowl games, puttering around the house and hitting on the lingering Christmas snacks. And then a movie!

Get better Lowell, stay low and quiet with plenty of nap time and fluids.

December 29th, 2012 2:04 pm

6. bolobar

I haven’t watched the others, but imo Homeland is
    the best thing to come to TV since the Sopranos.

A small adult beverage can do wonders.
    Get well and stay warm.

A happy and healthy new year to you and yours.

Bob

December 29th, 2012 3:09 pm

7. Bob In Portland

Get well, Lowell and Mrs.

December 29th, 2012 5:10 pm

8. Kathy

Homeland is riveting, eagerly awaiting Season 2 on DVD. And just swept through the first three episodes of The Hour, it’s really good although some of the dialogue is hard to make out. Hope you’ve seen a doctor, you’ve been sick quite a while.

December 29th, 2012 5:31 pm

Dr. Feelgood, Grant grew up in a boxing house. He knows fights. Once, when he was home sick from high school, I showed him Leonard-Hearns I. I was sitting first row ringside with Jack Fiske. Grant was amazed.

December 29th, 2012 6:01 pm

Kathy, I also have trouble making out some of the dialog on the Hour. I sit real close to the TV like a little old man, which I am.

December 29th, 2012 6:03 pm

11. Streetglide

“Twilight Samurai” (Tasugari Sebe) is hands down my favorite movie of all time. It builds slowly but it is beautiful minute by minute, second by second…

December 29th, 2012 6:33 pm

12. lameduck

I hope Grant doesn’t catch the bug.

For streaming I’m leaning towards Amazon prime these days with a Roku.

December 29th, 2012 10:12 pm

My wife and I use headsets when watching some of these shows. It is the only way we can understand what they are saying.

December 30th, 2012 8:50 am

14. tkh

Speaking of Leonard/Hearns era did you read where Wilfred Benitez had a stroke? He was pretty darn good during that time also… The Hour is very good …Season 2 has been excellent also. I would say season Two of Homeland ventures into jumping the shark territory but hopefully it will get back on track in Season 3… I’m generally kind of late reading these posts so if you haven’t already recovered..get well soon.

December 31st, 2012 9:01 am