Here is the opening to my Thursday column from the Warriors-Heat game:

OAKLAND

Pardon me for committing heresy on Wednesday. What was my heresy? I didn’t write about Colin Kaepernick’s Little League coach or Jim Harbaugh’s haircut or Jed York’s seventh-grade history teacher.

In short, I didn’t write about 49ers’ stuff — and we’re getting pretty deep into 49er trivia these days as we search for story ideas. The Niners will play a game on Sunday in Atlanta but they didn’t play a game on Wednesday and, according to well-placed sources, will not play a game today or Friday or Saturday.

The Golden State Warriors, on the other hand, were playing a real game, a live game involving running and jumping and shooting and sweating.

To read the full column, click here.

Comments

1. Ben

i was at the game. which was a waste of gas from petaluma. but oh well. one thing i noticed was NOTHING out of coach jackson. in timeouts he’d just stand there in the middle of the court with his hands in his pockets. not a word to the players. i mean, isn’t this guy a minister? isn’t he supposed to be fiery? a motivator of men? wasn’t that part of the mark jackson package? i’ll tell ya… if the guys could’ve used a pep talk/ tongue lashing ever, it was at various points in last night’s game.

January 17th, 2013 7:03 am

2. Joe H.

WIthout any doubt in my mind, the Warriors are a good team. But they do not have much depth on the bench.

Not sure of any solution mid-season, but they seriously need a stronger bench to cover injuries and rest periods.

Almost every game when the starters come out, the scoring and rebounding begins to favor the opposing team.

January 17th, 2013 7:26 am

3. lameduck

The Black Falcon needs to become Mark Jackson’s favorite Superhero.

January 17th, 2013 10:09 am

So Lowell…who got signed to ghost write Kaepernick’s autobiography, you or Ostler?

You better get on it…it needs to be on amazon by Monday…

The W’s worst nightmare is upon them with Curry down and Bogut so far off the radar screen that one wonders if Sir Charles was correct when he said that Bogut is “DONE”…

But as our friend in Kauai says…we’ve all been waiting for the W’s story to change since 1988…wake me when it does…

January 17th, 2013 10:12 am

The Warriors had quit written all over them. Like they were doing volunteer work for no pay. I feel for the Ben’s. No effort at all..or from the coach. Why didn’t they offer refunds to fans? If Lacob were the superlative owner he wants to be,he gets on the megaphone and say’s “I’m embarrassed that we couldn’t be motivated to play LeBron James,and I offer you your money back”. Or a voucher at McDonald’s…. One damn pathetic performance.

January 17th, 2013 11:05 am

49ers? Man,Harbaugh just hates the sound or site of Mark Purdy. Mark was stuttering as his question got longer and longer with no Harbaugh answer forcoming early-lol.

January 17th, 2013 12:27 pm

Speaking of Purdy- he was on KNBR. Is the local writers boycott over? Or did he have a special deal?..I caught the very end and I think he said he did it for some charity?
    Or,is he a loose uh,not cannon,more loose deringer?

January 17th, 2013 1:47 pm

No answer? I deduce he was rogue then.

January 18th, 2013 8:30 am