Mrs. Cohn Zohn had successful surgery this morning — a total hip replacement on her right hip. She’s in the greatest mood. I’m a wreck. Thanks for all your good wishes.

Comments

No more dancing till further notice, glad it went well.

January 30th, 2013 3:08 pm

2. mendozaline

My wife had both of her hips replaced at the same time a few years ago when she was in her mid 60s. Worst part of the experience was that she had to eat my cooking for a month.
    We used this book written by a nurse
    It was very helpful.
    Just make sure she follows the 3 precautions and takes a
    pain pill before each therapy session.
    We wish her a good recovery.

January 30th, 2013 3:12 pm

3. Joe

Mom had both done within a year about two years ago. Amazing how quick she recovered. She was walking up and down the stairs 48 hours after arriving at the hospital. Take care!

January 30th, 2013 3:17 pm

4. Frank in Minnesota

Hi Lowell…you should smile now,too….glad she is doing well and i wish her much good fortune…..

January 30th, 2013 3:36 pm

That is just fantastic to hear! That is great news! Now you need to take very good care of her. She is going to need some TLC.

I have a dear friend who just went through that with his wife. He is a little older than you, but they have three daughters who really helped out. Anyway, I wish her a speedy recovery and all the very best life has to give.

January 30th, 2013 4:10 pm

6. Dr. Feelgood

The extreme anxiety of moments that can change everything.
    The relief when they pass (relatively) harmlessly.
    These are the gut checks of the human experience.
    Get well soon, Cohns.

January 30th, 2013 5:33 pm

And many more years of running after little Lowell the Third.

January 30th, 2013 5:48 pm

Or second? Have fun Mrs Cohnzone!

January 30th, 2013 5:49 pm

9. Streetglide

Great news. I said a prayer…

My sister had a hip replacement. Another sister has had two hip replacements, two knee replacements and extensive surgery on her right thumb. She has Hashimoto’s Disease. It sucks, look it up. First sister doesn’t even know it is there.

I have an old Rock&Roll guitar picking friend down in Texas with a hip replacement. His band is named “The Titanium Hipsters” (cue drum flam)…

January 30th, 2013 5:51 pm

10. Upinc44

This is great news Lowell that the surgery went well. I wish you all the very best and a speedy recovery.

January 30th, 2013 7:09 pm

11. htwaits

My wife has had both knees done one at a time. I was a basket case. She was fine.

I hope the new hip makes a major change in the pain your wife must have been having before surgery. All the best.

January 30th, 2013 7:28 pm

12. Bajadoc

Great news!

January 30th, 2013 8:11 pm

13. Nancy R

Yippee!

January 30th, 2013 9:23 pm

14. DBJ

I was very concerned for all of you when you referred to a generic surgery, but I have known a couple of guys that have resumed master’s athletic careers after hip replacement. Assuming she avoids setbacks, this should be a life enhancing procedure. I’m happy for all of you.

January 30th, 2013 9:24 pm

Thank God she was only in for a tune up!!!

We..the motley crew of the cohn zohn…salute you mrs…

January 30th, 2013 10:47 pm

16. Steve the cat rescuer

A tremendous relief. Did thoughts of Bill King cross your mind prior to the surgery? My mom had a hip replacement done when she was 83, a result of a fall. She was up and about within 48 hours (with a walker) and was fully recovered in seven weeks (she was very athletic in her youth). Doc couldn’t believe it. She had a titanium joint that set off the metal detectors every time, but had a doctor’s note. This was pre 9-11. Can’t imagine the hassles now. Get some rest and take good care of her.

January 31st, 2013 12:40 am

17. mbabco

Great news. Glad to hear things went well.

January 31st, 2013 2:35 am

Fantastic news! Now calm your nerves with a glass of your favorite wine.

January 31st, 2013 3:19 am

19. Tommy CostaRica

Glad to hear it Lowell!

January 31st, 2013 5:39 am

20. bigandbold

Here’s to a speedy pain-free recovery!

January 31st, 2013 6:59 am

21. Brady

very glad to hear

January 31st, 2013 7:33 am

22. doug

I can imagine your concern…….now that we all know what surgery was performed. I clearly remember two famous Bay Area personalities (one a news caster and one a sports broadcaster) who had the same operation and the results were not good. You have to be very relieved…. and get well soon to your wife.

January 31st, 2013 8:50 am

23. lameduck

Yes, she’s back to being Mrs. Cohn Zohn! Now as some say, it’s one step at a time. Time to pimp out the walker… Hopefully she is home for the game and has plenty to watch on Netflix during her recovery.

Great news!

January 31st, 2013 8:50 am

24. Jim Bancroft

Glad to hear it Lowell– best wishes from here to Mrs Cohn and to Grant.

My brother had his hip replaced two years ago and couldn’t be happier. They are much easier to replace and with better functionality than knee replacements, so I think your wife will be pleasantly surprised.

January 31st, 2013 9:23 am

25. Piggyback Doug

I wish her a speedy recovery.

January 31st, 2013 11:10 am

26. KHorn

Thank God for a successful surgery, here’s to a speedy recovery

January 31st, 2013 11:11 am

27. Marco

Good to hear Lowell. All the best!

January 31st, 2013 11:14 am

28. Daniel Frankel

That’s wonderful news–thanks for sharing it with us :)

January 31st, 2013 12:58 pm

29. K.G.

Yay! Best wishes to Mrs. Cohn, you, Grant, and the rest of the Family Lowell…All of you were in my prayers!

January 31st, 2013 2:35 pm