Here is the opening to my Saturday column comparing the A’s and Giants in the postseason:

It says here the Oakland A’s are more dangerous than the Giants in the postseason.

Both local teams won their divisions, and had identical 94-68 records, and the Giants have what they call “form,” because they won the World Series two years ago. And the A’s, frankly, have no form, a major part of their charm. “Who are those guys?” But the A’s are more dangerous, more lethal, promise to go deeper into the playoffs.

Why?

To read the full column, please click here.

Comments

1. J Canseco

Nice.

October 5th, 2012 9:55 pm

I went to an exciting As day game this year vs the Angels. It was a lot of fun because there was so much action .The atletics eventually prevailed in a spirited back and forth game that tallied 8 home runs. You could tell that the As were a team on the rise.

October 6th, 2012 4:07 am

3. Allan

Lowell:

I’m surprised you would write this column and fail to mention Buster Posey (likely MVP) and Marco Scutaro (Mr. Clutch), but instead include a number of A’s and also Huff? It’s the kind of selective choices to attempt to strengthen your argument, but actually weakens it. Go Giants!

October 6th, 2012 8:17 am

I think that is a pretty good analysis of the respective teams.

October 6th, 2012 8:41 am

5. lameduck

Forgive me, but Bochy is the X factor in the post season. He’ll find a way to win.

October 6th, 2012 9:05 am

You could have a worse year then Beane man. First the movie,then this miracle season..THEN, his former coach Ron Washington,who had been an example of Beane manager blindness has just oversaw the worst collapse by a team in Baseball’s history.
    Life isn’t fair. Beane did all he could to put out mediocrity..no big winning season even crossed his mind..then the first milagro, -Cespedes..and let the domino’s fall after that and reveal a beautiful tapestry of winning.
    Rewarded for being cheap and obnoxious to fans…wow.
    I don’t get it. I like puppies. kittens.and babies..no miracles for me.

October 6th, 2012 9:54 am

7. J Canseco

Have fun doing whatever it is you do this Fall, Stan. Meanwhile A’s fans are having an absolute blast.

October 6th, 2012 12:47 pm

Oh yeah J. My glass is half full,can’t keep me down. Wait, is that a leak?…

October 6th, 2012 2:42 pm

9. Capts

Stan, why do you go after Beane, more so than Wolff and Fischer, the real culprits?

October 6th, 2012 2:49 pm

Capts.. ..its part he sold out the win now for be cheap on payroll and settle for good enough. And,he didn’t work like that when he was GM and an employee. When he became part owner?..then he began bashing the city,fans,the building..the eastbay..and trades to lower the payroll over a winning team.lack of quality free agents..so much more.
    This year worked out great..but its more then Beane at work. When you lose three top pitchers..and win MORE?
    But, Beane has never made it to the WS let alone win,has he? Sometimes I wonder if that intent of Beane to just be good enough is the karma that gets him in the end.

October 6th, 2012 6:38 pm

And…I heard him say in MAY “We can’t compete”. My own ears.

October 6th, 2012 6:40 pm